AAT Minutes of General Meeting Nov 2016

/, News/AAT Minutes of General Meeting Nov 2016

10am Sunday 27 November 2016

Clarendon House, Evandale

Present

Gary France Chair, Terry Byard Vice Chair, Sheryl Thompson Chair Anglers Hall of Fame, Charles Thompson NWFA, Howard Jones BOD Sports Anglers, Alan Gordon BOD Sports Anglers, John Francis STLAA Delegate, Wayne Bellette Tas Fly Tyers Club, Adrian Hope TFFA, Michael Caminada Independent North, Keith Symons Independent South, Denis Edwards Exec Officer, John Diggle Director IFS .

Apologies

John Broomby, Malcolm Crosse, Mike Stevens, Bruce Gilham, Robert Chandler

Minutes of previous meeting and matters arising

Masters Games A discussion on the organisation of the 2017 Masters Games was led by

C Thompson and W Bellette

Trout Expo G France reported that the event was very successful

Great Lake Tie In This event was very successful and will become a regular event

Motion: “ to accept the minutes of the previous meeting held on 28 August 2016 at the Man O’Ross Hotel, Ross”

Moved: C Thompson     Seconded: T Byard

Financials

The 2015/16 financial Audit was tabled. Audits for incorporated associations are no longer required, DE to check if funding bodies require association audits for grants.

Motion: “That the 2015/16 Audit be accepted”

Moved: T Byard     Seconded: A Hope

Inland Fisheries Service Report

John Diggle tabled the IFS Annual Report and the Annual Carp Report ; both are available on the IFS website.

Also tabled was a comprehensive report to AAT which is available on the AAT website www.anglersalliance.org.au The report included the following –

Possible grant opportunity from Community Infrastructure Fund for toilets

Redfin Perch in the Mersey River

Tasmanian Inland Recreational Fisheries Management Plan 2019-29 is being drafted

Clean up Australia Day registration

Carp update

Trout Weekend 2017 photographic competition

IFS attendance at yearly ‘Talk Wild Trout’ in Vic. – see Talk Wild Trout website

Anglers Access

Native Fish Conservation

Compliance Report

Rainbow trout spawning run at Great Lake

Salmon Ponds hatchery

Attendances at clubs and meetings

Stockings 12 Oct to 16 Nov 2016

The meeting commented on the high quality of the report and presentation.

It was suggested that AAT write a letter of appreciation for Hydro’s efforts in protecting the galaxiid populations in Great Lake and Woods Lake.

H Jones flagged the possibility of NRM North funds for Break O’Day study

River Bag Limits

Both the AAT and TGALT confirmed their support for the proposed all rivers maximum bag limit of five fish which the IFS is in the process of implementing.

Webcams

M Crosse has replaced all SIM cards with Telstra sponsored cards and during the same trip replaced all battery operated cameras with donated gel batteries. The faulty Four Springs camera was replaced and has been sent to the manufacturer for inspection.

Lake Leake and Tooms are being investigated as possible sites for webcams.

Discussion was had about the need for funding a maintenance plan going into the future.

Toilet facilities

AAT has met with Highlands Council, IFS, MAST and Hydro to scope the requirements to develop the planning for the toilet project that can be used for possible grant applications.

A letter has been written to Ministers Groom, Rockliff and Barnett to sound out possible government sponsorship using the World Fly Fishing Championships as a lever.

Anglers Hall of Fame

The guidelines for Induction into the HOF have been resolved and will be posted on the AAT website.

Nominations will be called for at AAT’s AGM and inductions take place during Trout Weekend.

Proposed VHF coverage on Central Plateau

The network is nearing completion and should be operational in mid to late Dec 2016. AAT to contact Barry Mc Cann then to arrange publicity for the service.

Mersey Forth – Paloona

Boat ramp proposal at Lake Rowallan was discussed and C Thompson suggested that the prevailing weather direction may suggest a more sheltered location. J Broomby to liaise with Neil Morrow and C Thompson.

Club contacts

The difficulties and the dire need for improved club contacts was discussed.

It was suggested that a September mail out ( after clubs AGM’s ) requesting the new office bearers contact details, should be done annually.

DE to contact North, North West and Southern reps. to help initiate process.

Clyde River Catchment report

Terry Byard reported on two meetings attended on the review of the Clyde River management plan and alerted members that next part of the review will include Lakes Sorell and Crescent which will be important to anglers.

Junior Angling Day

A review of the recent Junior Anglers Day was tabled and the need for another southern venue was discussed as was the possible use of Facebook as a means of communicating for this event.

Bushfest  

A brief discussion on Bushfest concluded that an AAT presence was worthwhile.

Correspondence

Carp Management Program Annual Report July-Sept 2016

Mersey River Redfin survey

Hazelwood Power Station closure

Tas Irrigation Govt Scrutiny Committee Invitation

General business

J Francis enquired on the status of the proposed bathometric charting of the lakes by a      surveying firm, and it was thought that the project had not gone ahead.

C Thompson initiated a discussion on the progress of the draft TWWHA plan.

S Thompson mentioned that the annual Ladies Fishing Day will be at Hiscutt Park on

Sun 4 Dec.2016

A Hope wondered that the Talbots Lagoon water level indicator could be relocated to a more easily observable position.

ACTION LIST

AAT Executive   Clean up Australia Day arrangements

H Jones/DE        NRM funding for Break O’Day

J Broomby          Rowallan boat ramp

DE                      Audit requirements

Hydro letter

VHF publicity

NEXT MEETING Sun 26 Feb 2017 at Great Lake Hall

2017-01-03T11:50:21+00:00